Saturday, November 20, 2010

Still Alive

Wow, I took quite a leave of absence from writing here. Things are still going well overall, and I am so happy I made the switch to pediatrics. I have survived almost 5 months of being an intern. The call schedule is brutal. After months in a row of q4-5 call, the sleep deprivation is really taking a toll. I had one blissful month without call, and now am back in it with no break in site until March. The good news is that my program will be going to a day-night schedule come next July with the new work hour rules starting, so my last 2 years will likely be much better.

2 comments:

thuc huynh, md said...

i think the new rules are going to be very helpful for residents. hang in there!

FelipeBarros said...

Hey; I found this blog when I was looking for Medical Student Musings. I learned that you close the blog. Do you mind if I ask why? I had just discovered it and I was so happy to read through it and identify myself with other medical student.