Monday, July 27, 2009

1 Week to Go

3 weeks of autopsy down and 1 to go. We have been really, really busy this month, and are getting close to setting a record. Welcome to July. Argh. There have been some really interesting, rare cases. But overall it has just been exhausting. Next month will be even busier, so it's time to ramp up. I am hoping to wrap up my current cases this week. Unfortunately, autopsies take a long time to resolve since getting slides, records, and writing reports can take weeks. So any cases we pick up this week will follow us onto our next rotation and will have to somehow get done amidst everything else.

In other news, Daisy of Love wrapped up last night. I won't spoil it in case anyone reading this cares, but it was not a huge surprise. The next installment of VH1 reality love show trash starts this Sunday, I believe, with the kick-off of Megan Wants a Millionaure, featuring the ever manipulative, aspiring trophy life Megan Hauserman from Rock of Love. Yes, I am sinking to new lows in TV watching this year... I knew it was bad when one of the big queens at the gym was shocked when I mentioned Daisy of Loveand said, "girl, I had no idea you watched that!" But hey, talking about this crap with colleagues makes the autopsies go by quicker and it sure is a more fun way to spend my evenings than reading pathology texts when I am exhausted. Okay, time to go watch the Charm School season finale.

No comments: