Wednesday, May 20, 2009

T - 6 Weeks and Counting

I am back from vacation. It was a lot of fun and SO great to be away from work. Once I get my pictures together I'll try to post a few. I came back to piles of work, as usual. But, I had an amazing revalation when I looked at my calendar this morning and realized that there is less than 6 weeks until July 1 and the end of this year!!! I read a collection of short stories awhile back that traced an internist's journey through residency. One of them was about checking boxes and counting down. She reflected on how her life had basically become a tasklist and a countdown: how many more things to check off before I can go home, how many more days on this service, how many more nights on call, how many more months until residency ends, and so on. How right she is.

No comments: